Saturday 22 August 2009

Disappear

We used to walk along the same path,
until our roads diverged,
which lead us down separate paths,
from where our lives once merged.

I have kept my end of the promise,
to always be there for you,
to let you know, how much of you I miss,
and how my life without you seems blue.

But where have you gone to?
where is the promise you made?
the words to me you said,
are not where they once laid.

Would you tell me,
how could this be?
Where is your heart and honesty,
for someone who once made you see?

I never asked for a promise,
it was you who gave it,
yet I do not see, hear or feel it,
the words to which you commit.

I am burned in an ocean of fire,
the waves crash onto my heart,
they break and they batter,
crushing me in every part.

I was once your teacher,
your guiding light,
but now i am non other,
than the darkest of night.

I am your friend and will always be,
but I cannot be the one,
to keep the candle burning strong and free,
if you end it before it has even begun.

Now I am neither your friend nor your teacher,
how I wish I was still the latter,
for we used to have so much fun together,
sharing thoughts and laughter.

I am prepared and willing to keep walking,
to keep the candle burning,
for our friendship is worth growing,
and our memories are worth remembering.

I hope things will get better,
I hope there won't be tears,
for I do not want to persevere,
only to see it disappear.

7 comments:

JustAnotherMe said...

erm....cool...i like words that rhyme...

yiNyiN... said...

nice..and emoooo =P

Sweet <3 said...

): teacher don't sad. i will always be with u. XinHui & XinNi (;

Sweet <3 said...

oops is we not i (: Hehe ps

Caleb said...

Thanks Xin Hui and Xin Ni. It's really nice to know that =)

yiNyiN... said...

hey.. really thanks for the comment in my blog.. didn't expect that actually..haha.

yeah, i've been following ur blog for quite some time already. sorry for not even introducing myself.. actually, i've found ur blog from other teachers' blog.. when i read ur posts, i'm really touched on how close u are wit ur students.. i've never really seen such teacher like u.. wow.. i have 2 say. =)

and update more! can't wait to read more of ur stories =D oh ya.. i'm a form4 student btw.. not form5..lol

k, take care and may God bless you and ur student..;)

p/s:sorry 4 the poor english..heh =P

Yvette Ding Pei Fern said...

nice.. :):)