Wednesday 9 July 2008

Growing Pains

Growing Pains was one of my favourite sitcoms back in the 80's. It was a time of teenage discovery and maturity. Life was exciting and fun! I was a young boy and loving it!

Nearly 20 years on... Growing Pains is no longer on TV but I'm still discovering a lot of new things about adulthood and still maturing every step of the way. Life is still exciting and fun... except that I'm no longer a young boy. But here's the problem - deep inside, I still feel like a young boy and I still act like one! Haha!

Unlike most guys my age, I still haven't moved on from my teenage ways. I live a laidback (some would say 'unproductive') life. I'm carefree (some say 'irresponsible') and my life is mostly stress-free (to some, I'm living in Dreamland). So what's wrong with me?

I have to admit, I'm clueless when it comes to financial matters and really need to learn more about making enough money to save for my future. There will be times for emergencies when money will be needed; such as my wedding (IF I ever have one!) and I need to plan for that. I'm thankful I have friends who give me advice, even when it's harsh. Only true friends would go through the awkwardness of 'lecturing' you and I got that right in the face. Thanks guys! LOL! :)

So, another step forward in my learning curve as an adult... but as always, I find that little boy in me crying out, "Gimme a break!", as I look longingly at the cup of Starbucks Ice Tall Chocolate which I've been missing for more than a month...

Sigh... life is a real pain in the ass sometimes... :P

5 comments:

Steffi said...

I am surprised that up till now, Starbucks still hasn't included you as their shareholder yet. :)

Caleb said...

Haha! Actually, all I want is free drinks and desserts! :D These days, I hardly go there anymore... times are bad...

to you & we said...

Carot juice are chilling~ but its too a bitt sour, bitter, slaty but no sweetnessT_T

K.Y.L.E. said...

try to be young like me drink less carrot juice and eat the real thing Raw!

Caleb said...

Actually, I've never even tasted carrot juice before. Haha! Should try it one of these days.