Thursday 22 January 2009

A Day of Surprises

Having just experienced a wonderful surprise yesterday, I was showered with not one, not two but three today.

As I arrived for class today, I found the room dark and the door locked. Now, this wasn't a surprising thing 'cause the form 3 kids were always a little mischievous. I really didn't expect anything but the moment I stepped in, they all burst into a birthday song. With a single candle in the middle of a plain chocolate cake, it was simple and sweet. Then, when I thought that was it, somewhere in the middle of class, the lights went out again and another candle-lit cake made its way into the class. I couldn't believe it. I practically made the same wish twice today so I guess I'll get two of what I wished for!

There was even a present for me. I was curious what my students had gotten for me and when I went home after a long day and opened it, I couldn't help but burst out in laughter! What I discovered put such a smile on my face. Proof that I really am like a kid to them!

Thank you so much PTAG F3 Class of 2009.

My hugs and love to:

Joanne
Samantha
Joe Lin
Jing Wuen
Pong
Chang Yih
Eugene
Zheng Zhe
Xiao Bing
Yik Sheng
Heng Jun
Jack
Hui Ping
Zi Hao
Chris
See Yen

Guess what was inside?


. . . . .

Ta da! Hahaha!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------


After my last class today at Mega Yakin, I went to fetch two of my students to Station 1, where we would meet up with a few others. I only learnt minutes before the gathering that there were more than just the two or three who I knew were going. I thought it was just another 'yum cha' session with my ex-Form 5 students so I didn't really think anything of it. Afterall, some of these students were supposed to join me for my birthday celebration on Saturday.

Then, in the middle of our get-together, the lights went out. Again, I didn't think too much of it since lots of people celebrate their birthdays at Station 1. In fact, moments later, there was another birthday celebration a few tables away from us. But then, I saw my friends looking behind me and I knew then, they had organised this gathering for me.

The coffee birthday cake placed before me with 3 large candles and 1 small candle (signifying that I was 13 no doubt!) as I listened to them singing 'Happy Birthday', I was so touched once again. And sure enough, I closed my eyes and wished for the same thing for the third time today! But that wasn't all. A black Adidas bag was then passed to me and when I saw what was inside, my eyes popped! On Wednesday, my PTAG F5 students had surprised me by wearing my favourite colour and now, my ex-Mega Yakin F5 students had surprised me with my favourite team T! I was speechless to say the least.

We left the place around 12 and when I got back after sending some of them home, I couldn't wait to put on my new T. I'll leave you guys with a shot of it below.

To my ex-Mega Yakin Form 5 students who are now solely my friends, thank you for making tonight happen. You know how much you guys mean to me and just seeing you tonight is all the present I'll ever need and want.

My hugs and love to:

Stephanie
Beverly
Peng Yin
Hao Jie
Wei Keong
Kelvin
Nicholas
Kay Sern
Chay Ann

2 comments:

Beverly said...

the tee looks so tight n small...

Caleb said...

Its ok, once I workout and get some muscles, it'll look better! Haha! ;)