Sunday 12 November 2017

My Dear Senior 3 Class of 2017

As I was walking to Pin Hwa High School for only the second time, a strange feeling awoke inside me. I had been to graduation ceremonies for the past 10 years so the feeling was familiar, but this would be my first in your school, this would be my first, and my last with you. After all, you only graduate from high school once in your life.

I realized then how precious this moment was, how precious all the moments we had were. In the blink of an eye, we had journeyed from our first class to our poetry class at RT Pastry, to that fun night at Rachel's birthday, to our last class, and now to this day... Your last day in school. I hope you know how precious those moments are to me, and how precious you are to me.

After almost everyone of you had left, I sat there, in the peaceful courtyard of your school. I smiled as I looked at our photos, I smiled as I listened to the voices and laughter echoing around the school, and I smiled as I thought about all the good times we had. I hope that one day, when you think of this day, you will smile too.

Congratulations, my friends! You have graduated.

No comments: