Sunday 5 November 2017

Senior Class of 2017

Dear Friends,

The time has come for you to face what you have been preparing for, all these years of your school life. From the first day you set foot into kindergarten, then into your primary school, and finally now, the last days of your secondary school life, your efforts have all led to this moment - the last exam you will ever face in your schooling life. So, what are you going to do? Give up or give it your best shot?

I have done all I can as a teacher and friend to help you do your best, not just for your exam but also for the next few years of your life, and that next step into life in the real world starts now. Your exam results will largely determine your next options in life - what course you can study, which college you can enter, and possibly, who you will become but it will NOT determine if you succeed or fail in life. Despite that, your SPM results are an important part of your journey to academic success. If I ask you, "What will you study after SPM?" You might say, "It depends." Well, I can tell you now that you should not say that it depends on your results, because your results depend on you.

Like the song I sang for you on graduation day, you must believe in yourself and that you can do it because truly, you can. Even people who are blind, deaf, mute or disabled can graduate from university with a degree, so why can't you? The real question is not whether you can or cannot; it's whether you want to or not. So, let me ask you, how much do you want this result? If there is a will, there is a way.

As a final piece of advice to you, I want you to know that you should never compare yourself to others. Only compare yourself to the best that you can be. If you give it your best, then to me, you have done your best and you are the best; and I will be proud of you. So, come on, my friends, the time is now... your destiny is calling... will you charge forward like the brave soldiers of the light brigade or will you turn and run? The choice is yours...

I wish you all the best.

Your friend,
Caleb







4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks, teacher. I will keep it up ^_^

Kah ann said...

Thankyou teacher!! Will keep looking forward :D

Anonymous said...

Aww such a sweetie ❤️ take care on your life too!

Anonymous said...

Thank you teacher(*σ´∀`)σ -Amanda