Tuesday 29 March 2016

Before You Went Away


I'm trying to reach out to you,
But perhaps you don't want me to,

Just trying to be your friend,
But I guess this is the end,

Our friendship is but a dream,
Our lives are not what they seem,

But I guess it was my mistake,
Gave you more than you wished to take,

If I could return to the day,
The day before you went away,

I would undo my last mistake,
Won't have to wear this mask, so fake,

To be the way we were before,
When we were just us, nothing more.



6 comments:

JustAnotherMe said...

More people need to write more poems. It's the next best thing after music.

Caleb said...

I definitely think so too. "Poetry is the spontaneous outflow of powerful feelings." - William Wordsworth

MCX Intraday Tips said...

I really like the poem.. nicely written by you

Free MCX Tips

Caleb said...

Thank you, Free MCX Tips. Appreciate the comment.

liza said...

nice post

Caleb said...

Thanks, Samia Hussain. I don't write poetry as often as I want to these days.