Saturday 20 June 2009

The Boys Are Back!

I've waited 3 weeks for today. It was the date we'd more or less agreed on, that was best for everyone to meet up again. Tonight would be our 4th official reunion and we were going to karaoke for the first time as a group. And so we did... all 6 of us... all guys... Yay! We're going to have a 'gay' party! Haha!

To Kelvin, Wei Keong, Hao Jie, Eric and Bestian, thanks for showing up. It was great fun hearing you guys sing for the first time although I have to admit, a bunch of guys singing emo love songs sounds very gay to me. Haha! Anyway, here's a toast to us guys. Cheers!

Back home after 3 hours of eating, drinking, singing, shouting and screaming our lungs out, I feel a little empty inside as I scroll through my cell phone and delete the messages one by one.

- "Sorry, I have tuition"
- "I've got plans tonight. Sorry I can't make it, Sir."
- "Sorry teacher, I can't come."
- "I can't come tonight. I have family gathering."
- "Sorry I'm not free to go. I have assignments and test next week."

These were just a few of the reasons many of them couldn't make it tonight. I'm not blaming any of them. Rather, I'm blaming the situation. Not that I expected everyone to show up for our class reunion in the first place but neither did I expect so few to turn up.

Nowadays, when I organise class reunions, I think more along the lines of 'I wonder how many CAN'T make it?' instead of 'I wonder how many CAN make it?'. It's a little negative but it's realistic. Everyone's so busy with their own lives, it's impossible to get everyone together in one spot. The days of seeing everyone together is long gone... since the very last time I said to them, "See you next week."

Well, should I keep trying? Regardless of all the text messages I repeatedly send out or the calls I make, should I keep trying to get everyone together? Sometimes, I wonder if I'm organising class reunions for myself? Maybe I am... I don't know... but I'd sure like to think that I'm organising it for us. At least that's the way it should be.





5 comments:

b3ng92 said...

haizz...you are so bad.
didnt ask me to go...haha

Beverly said...

oh hoho!! Lucky i didnt go eh! Or else i will b the ONLY girl again ehh!!! ahhaha! rmb the beginning of the class? I was the only girl isnt it?? haha

Caleb said...

Beng Thye: Sorry man, this is a class reunion for the graduated students. We can go again next time with our class friends :)

Bev: Yeah man, u seem to be the ONLY girl most of the time. Luckily you managed to 'tarik' PY into the class and Sin Yin somehow contacted me and brough Vianni along. Next time I must make sure more of our friends go! ;)

Beverly said...

Yea mannn I know. I'm kinda grounded lahhh

b3ng92 said...

haha,okok no problem