Wednesday 10 June 2009

Not One, Not Two, But Three

I drove to class today filled with a sense of curiosity and anxiety. Last night, my student texted me, telling me that I was in for a surprise.

Everything seemed normal as I stepped into the centre. It was only when I approached my class that the surprise revealed itself. A familiar face greeted me and in his hand, he held out the orange envelope I'd only given him two months ago. I was stunned to say the least. Surprised, elated and overjoyed, I tried my best not to run around like a madman. Qao Shaun had returned - like something precious I'd lost had found its way back home.

I could barely contain my joy, smiling from ear to ear as I opened the door of the class when I was hit with yet another surprise. Sitting there, as she had always used to, was Tiffany! Amazement struck my face. Was I dreaming? As I slowly convinced myself that this was indeed real, I could hear my students talking among themselves, saying that I looked so happy today. I guess it really showed.

I have to say, the two surprises threw me off-balance and I had some trouble putting my words together as I started the day's lesson. It was just too good to be true. But it was. And then, for the third time today, the stunned look was etched on my face as I saw Yan Wei walk into class. I guess my expression was of such great shock that she wasn't sure if she could join us today. "Of course you're welcome to join us." I reassured her as much as I was reassuring myself.

Watching them express their creativity today was a treat. There's nothing like having a roomful of young minds showing that they can produce inventive ideas - as long as they're given the chance and the trust of someone who believes in them.

For the first time in weeks, my heart smiled again...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TAGGED BY Heart & Sweet

1. What have you been doing recently? Hanging out with my students.

2. Do you ever turn off your handphone? Well, do you ever sleep? :p

3. What happened at 10am today? I don't know. I was sleeping. Haha!

4. When did you last cry? Today.

5. Do you believe in Fate/Destiny? I believe that our lives are not in our own hands.

6. What do you want in life now? I want to spend more time with the ones I love.

7. Do you carry an umbrella when it rains or just put up your hood? Neither. I just get into my car. Haha!

8. What's your favourite thing to do on bed? What? You mean MY bed? :p

9. What bottoms are you wearing now? Orange football shorts.

10. What are the nicest things in your inbox? Heartwarming messages from my students.

11. Do you tend to make relationships complicated? No. Unfortunately, it's usually the OTHER person who does. Sigh... I believe love can be easy if you want it to be.

12. Are you wearing anything borrowed from anyone? By 'borrowed', do you mean 'stole'? :p

13. What was the last movie you caught? Monsters vs Aliens.

14. What are you proud of? My students.

15. What does the oldest text message in your inbox say and who is it from? Caleb Kor Kor, did you eat my Choki? (My 10-year-old cousin ) :p

16. What was the last song you sang out loud? Right Here, Right Now.

17. Do you have any nicknames? Do I HAVE any nicknames? You have no idea.

18. What does the newest text message say and who is it from? Caleb Kor Kor, did you eat my Choki AGAIN? (My 10-year-old cousin) XP

19. What time did you go to sleep last night? Technically, it should be this morning. Haha!

20. Are you currently happy? Yes! =)

21. Who gives you the best advice? My best friend.

22. Do you eat whipped cream straight from the can? Do you have any table manners?

23. Who did you talk to on the phone last night? Oh... just this girl I met recently ;)

24. Is something bugging you right now? No, I use Ridsect.

25. Who was the last person to make you laugh? Oh... you know... this girl I met recently :)

26. Do you like yourself? If I don't like myself, then what's the point of being ME?

27. Do you think you are stupid sometimes? Oh yeah... lots of times actually... Haha!

28. Who is your best, best, best friend? Wah lau, no need to repeat 'best' so many times lah. Satu cukup. Joyce.

29. What will you do if you like that boy? Huh? Which boy? I like girls lah.

30. Who are your favourite stars? Wang Lee-Hom, Hebe, U2, Stephen Chow and Jim Carrey.

31. Do you hate your mother sometimes in some way? Eh, how can you say hate? My mum has sacrificed so much for me, I can only love her.

32. Have you had even stead before? What is an 'even stead'? Huh???

33. What type of boy do you like? OMG, this question is so gay!

34. Now, are you single/attached? Single and loving it! (Well, most of the time anyway) ;p

Pass this tag to 10 people:

1. 10 people

OK, done! Hee hee! =)

4 comments:

Sweet <3 said...

I know u will post it in ur blog...

Lee Qao Shaun said...

Hehe...I'm back!!! :)

Caleb said...

Sweet&Heart: Haha! How did u know? ;p

Shaun: Yes, you are! =)

Sweet <3 said...

I smart ma.. can see on ur face tat day xD