Sunday 12 October 2008

Music Makes My Heart Go "Mmm..."

xie yi xou jian dan de ge, rang ni de xing cing kuai le...

Wang Lee-Hom couldn't have sung it better. How true it is that some people say, 'music is the food of the soul'. Just a simple song or a tune can overturn the most complicated and wretched feeling. I certainly believe in the power of music - it just happened to me today.

As I sat there singing my heart out into the microphone, I could feel the worries that had eaten into me, slowly being eaten away by the music. What was left of me after belting out one favourite after another was pure joy and ecstasy. A feeling of having the heaviest boulder lifted off my shoulders. Truly, the magic of music never fails to astound me.

Of course, it wasn't just the music alone but also the company; and what company it was! 3 cheerful and adorable girls accompanied me as I sang but I was not the star of course. That belonged to the birthday girl.

People who know me might gawk at the fact that I'm spending my Sunday evening singing karaoke with a trio of teenage girls when I'm already way past my teenhood. But the thing is, I feel every bit like a teen. When I say this, some might go,

"Please lah... you're already blah blah blah... can you start acting your age?"

And I never know how to reply to that because I'm acting exactly my age! Afterall, how do you act your age anyway? Is age based on the year printed on your I.C. or the year imprinted in your heart? Well, I certainly feel it's the latter and I couldn't be more honest about it than I already am! =)

No comments: