Friday 17 October 2008

She Stole My Sushi

I was thinking of having some pasta for dinner yesterday when I caught sight of a long line outside Sushi King. So, being curious especially when it comes to food, I walked up to see what was going on. It just so happened to be the last day of the 'RM 2 Per Plate Sushi Promotion' and so, without hesitation, I got myself a seat in front of the sushi counter. The place was packed with unsurprisingly, Chinese customers. I'm not sure if anyone has noticed but most Japanese restaurants boast a high number of Chinese customers. Well, at least more compared to Malays and Indians. Maybe it's a cultural thing.

Anyway... so I sat there, gazing at the 'kaiten' to see what was being offered. I started off with 'unagi sushi' and continued with a different type each round. I was content to sit and wait as the plates of sushi made their way past me... that was until the new items were brought out to the sushi counter in front of me. Before I could even take a peek at what was being offered, I found my view blocked by a crowd of on-rushing people, squeezing their way past each other. While they did not push and shove, I found it annoying enough to spoil my mood.

Worse was to follow. As soon as the fresh sushi plates were put down on the 'kaiten', greedy hands sprung out from all around me, grabbing at the plates. I was helpless and disgusted in the midst of all this and really felt like telling them off.

I decided to wait for one last dish before pulling myself out of this mad house and it duly arrived. It was one of my favourites - 'ebi tempura sushi'. This time, the staff were smarter and placed the plates on hand-held trays so they could distribute them fairly to the other tables away from the 'kaiten'. I gave a wry smile as I waited for the arrival of my prized prawns but my joy turned to horror as the crowd swarmed towards the waitress and grabbed the sushi plates off her tray! This went on despite the waitress hopelessly saying,

"Tak boleh ambil ni!"

I nearly lost it when I stared at a Chinese office lady who was one of those idiots but she turned her head away and walked past me with the plate of sushi in her hand as if it was the most natural thing to do! Well, natural if you've not eaten for a week or you've never seen sushi in your whole life. B***h!

Thank goodness one of the waitresses recognised me as a regular at this chain and personally hand-delivered a plate of my prized prawns to me. After having a final sip of 'ocha', I got off my seat nonchalantly and went to the counter to pay. I said, "Arigato" and "Oyasumi" and walked out but not before I gave one last stare at the B***h. Ooh... I felt like slapping her then... but I shrugged it off in the end. Idiots aren't worth my time.

I left the place wondering if this sort of uncouth social behaviour was the trademark of Malaysians in general or just simply the Chinese. Maybe it's a cultural thing.

2 comments:

Steffi said...

I think that woman deserves more than a cold stare.

I was at McD's yesterday as well, and one B*****d cut queue (like it's the most natural thing to do). He didnt just sip-sip cut in, but just, BOOM, his big blob of body went straight right in front of my face.

So. I gave him a cold stare. But he couldn't see me, because his face was facing front. So I uttered, over and under my breath, "Pompous Old Cow."

I hope he heard it.

Caleb said...

Haha! I think ur words are a little too 'cheem' for these type of people. Try 'F***ing A*****e' instead. 8P