Monday 16 February 2009

Lost And Found

She came into my life, there were sparks and then she left. That was 9 years ago. No word of contact ever since... until that fateful Wednesday night...

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For days, I was wondering what I'd do on Valentine's Day. I've been single for more than 2 years now and I do miss the experience of that special feeling. If you include my difficult one-and-a-half-year relationship with my ex-girlfriend, I guess you could say I haven't felt loved by someone special for a very long time.

I seriously think God has a sense of humour. Who would've known that he'd send the very angel who I thought I'd lost 9 years ago? Someone who even had trouble remembering who I was. So, I finally got to spend my first Valentine's after more than 2 years; and what a sweet day it was. A day of Strawberry Pavlovas and Chocolate Mousse, scented with memories of years gone past. I savoured every moment of being close with someone who was once special to me and who's still special to me now. Though we're just friends, it's more than enough to make me smile for days.

It's hard to describe what went on in my mind as I gazed into those beautiful eyes, so long after I'd last seen the sparkle in them. I was amazed at how tenderly they still sparkle; amazed even more at the old feelings that somehow found their way back into my heart. Like finding a key I thought I'd never find again, and then finding it at my doorstep, I did what I'd always wanted to do - open the door into my almost forgotten past and re-live those wonderful moments of my youth. And it wasn't just my past... it was OUR past... it was OUR youth.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm writing this now from the corner of a cafe. It's nearly 1am and she's no longer by my side. She's somewhere between my heart and a foreign land... flying further and further away with every word I write, with every breath I sigh...

We're sad to say 'goodbye' a second time after only having just found each other but there are no tears. Even though we may not have the chance of love between us but we're happy. Afterall, we both found a friend who once was lost...

No comments: