Wednesday 11 February 2009

Something So Surreal

It's funny how life seems to play tricks with us. I've experienced happy days, sad days but hardly ever surreal days; and not one as surreal as this. Of all the years, months, weeks and days... somehow, God decided to make 'that' day, today.

It's ironic how today's topic in class was 'Love'. Afterall, Valentine's Day is approaching soon and I figured this would be a good opportunity to get my students talking about a topic which all of them will face sooner or later (or already are facing) in life. It's a topic which never fails to escape us, even if we don't want to face it. Unless you decide to be a monk or a nun and choose never to marry, you would have to face the question of love. Yes, it's a question (a BIG one!) and no one seems to know the answer to it. What is love?

So, after much discussion, which I hope helped my students to grow in their thoughts, I packed up and drove back to Klang for my next class. As I was driving, a text from my friend reminded me of what I was to face tonight - an old love.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was the strangest thing... we met, fell in love, had some of the best weeks of our young life and then, she was gone. She was out of my life... no telephone number, no address, no e-mail... only her name and memories of what we once had.

Well, in a strange twist of fate which God must have surely planned way, way in advance, we finally met again tonight... She was seated at the table with our friends and I walked up to her from behind. She was talking and laughing, unaware of my presence. I gave her a little poke and she turned and looked at me in a strange, curious way. Her face grew an expression which read 'Who are you?'

Then, after a few moments' pause, she broke into a familiar smile and burst out in surprise...

"Caleb!"

We hugged and I knew then, that this was the day when I found my friend again... after 9 years...

6 comments:

Beverly said...

Wah~~ T_T

Caleb said...

Why? Do you feel sad? Or do you feel touched? I can't tell...

Steffi said...

Then ... then, what happened after that?! :)

Sweet <3 said...

tell ! i also want to know what happen after that ? :D

Lee Qao Shaun said...

Good for you! :)
This goes to prove that the world is indeed a small world.
XD

Caleb said...

Yeah, small world it is Shaun ;)