Monday 17 November 2008

Going Off-Key Is Cool!

I was glad today came soon enough. After having to cancel our original outing last week, I couldn't wait for November to turn 17. I never like to have my students think that I only say I would take them out and then not do it. So today, I delivered my promise.

My students joked that people would think I was a dad bringing his 4 kids out shopping! I told them, if that were true, then people might also think I have 4 wives 'cause all my kids look so different!

We met up with another 1 of my students who was already there singing away with his cousins. After a while of waiting, our room was ready. Not long after entering, we were back outside looting the snacks counter, taking all 6 varieties with us and filling up our glasses while at it. Once we started our K-session, it was non-stop singing and laughter 'til they chased us out at 5:30. One moment which had us all in stitches was when one of my students went off-key in the funniest way you can imagine. He was a good sport and continued singing nevertheless.

We ended our outing with McD's sundae cones and I took them back to the centre to start our lesson for the day. It was group project day and most of them participated well. After having so much fun earlier, it was important to give them the right activity or else they might lose interest. The most important thing was that they had fun while learning. Then again, don't they always?

My student's masterpiece. Judging by this, he's well on his way to becoming an architect!

4 comments:

Beverly said...

=D Every single class with you was never lack of FUN! had fun learning English with u caleb!

Ryan & Vivian said...

I always hope to have a English teacher like you!!...
But too bad...i m too old to attend your class.....hahaha!

Vi Vian

Caleb said...

Hey, thanks Bev! It really means a lot to me to know that =)

Caleb said...

Yeah, too bad ur too old 2 b in my class Vi Vian. I wud hav loved 2 hav a student lik u in my class 2, jus as I love having Kay Sern n Jing Nie in my class =)