Wednesday 19 November 2008

You Never Know

It's been surprising to hear from some of my friends that they are loyal fans of my blog. Seriously, I didn't think many people read, much less follow my blog.

A blog is like a diary but while a diary will forever remain private to the writer alone, a blog is hardly private. In fact, there's zero privacy as any Ali, Ah Chong and Muthu can read your thoughts! That's the reason why I'm personal and sincere in my blog yet I don't reveal too many details. In a way, only those who know me personally or are one of those mentioned in the blog would know what it's about.

I used to be religious in writing diaries. I started in secondary school and only stopped writing once i started my college days. Even then, I had English teachers who encouraged me to write diaries in class as homework; something I've learnt to apply in my classes as well.

Some students have jokingly accused me of knowing everyone's secrets. My students are free to write on anything they wish, so it's untrue to say I'm forcing them to reveal their thoughts in any way. I feel honoured whenever my students share something with me. To me, it means that they must trust me to tell me these things. So, I'm very strict with their privacy. Afterall, trust is not something that can be asked for, it must be gained.

To me, my blog is my way of sharing my personal life with my students. While it often acts as an outlet for me to express my joys and sorrows, the reason of this blog's existence will always be because of my students. It's my way of saying, "thank you for sharing."

To all those who faithfully follow my blog, I really appreciate the time you take to do so. I'm really honoured. Thank you!

Hmm... now where should I hold my autograph-signing session?

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Haha! Your welcome! Have it in M.Y. lah! Haha! I'm sure everyone will sacrifice their time to attend! =P

Steffi said...

yes I'd be the first!!! I promise to let you sign in my pink-pink frilly autograph book! :)

Caleb said...

Haha! Siau ah? I dont think anyone else besides u 2 will wanna attend such a cheapo event. Haha!

Wait til I become 'REAL' famous like Wang Lee-Hom then maybe can lar ;p