Friday 21 November 2008

I Still Like To Move It Move It!

It's been a while since I've enjoyed a night out at the movies. The last movie I watched was High School Musical 3 and before that, it was The Mummy 3. That's a record for me considering I used to visit the cinema at least once a month. My hottest streak was when I went to the cinema 3 days in a row - alone! Those were crazy days when I was a college kid.

Nowadays, I would do anything except go to the movies alone. I may have enjoyed it back when I was a teen but now, the mere thought of it would be depressing enough to make me cry. So, I was really glad that I got to watch Madagascar 2 with my former student. It wasn't even planned! I had just called her up since we hadn't met for a long time. I try my best to keep in touch with all my former students and I'm glad my simple invitation for 'yum cha' turned into a wonderful night of laughs at the movies. For those who haven't seen it yet, go watch it! It's a fun-filled wild ride that'll have you laughing your socks off!

I get a little sad when I think about going to the movies. Simply 'cause it's getting harder for me these days. It's so much easier when you have a girlfriend; trust me! Not that I don't have friends but my friends are usually either busy, too tired or with their girlfriends. Sure we still catch the occasional blockbuster together in a group but not as often as we used to. It's one of the reasons why I emphasize the importance of cherishing one's youth to my students. The best time of our lives are when we are in school. College and university have their fair share of best days as well but I still feel that life as a young teen really tops it all!

As we grow older, we tend to see things differently. We also tend to behave differently. It's all right if we mature naturally but if we fall into the trap of adhering to society's norms, then that's not being mature. That's just being plain boring. I've said this before in my previous blog - I don't know what it means to act my age. I just act the way I feel inside; and inside this supposedly old body is a guy who's still young at heart and who definitely still likes to move it move it!


Man, I love those penguins! Haha!

4 comments:

Beverly said...

Ohoh! I watched the preview and I love the penguins the most!!

Caleb said...

If they're still showing it after SPM, I don't mind watching it again! Hehe :D

Beverly said...

;P Nah.. I'm gonna watch with my heng dai larh...

custom writing service reviews said...

My favorite movie of all time! I like to move it move it too! My favorite character is more. Such a cutie! And thanks for the share. Good stuff.